Sunday, April 28, 2019

Energizing Mt Shasta Spring Water & Castle Lake Road Ride

For years I drove from the north on I-5 thru California until it dawned on me that there would be a spring at Mt Shasta. Found it easily with findaspring.com directions... taking the first exit into Shasta.

The spring starts right at the base of all the rocks. Just walk in and fill up!
Depending on time of year, I've bumped into all sorts of people to just me by myself. Do come across eclectic people most of the time... as in this shaman playing the flute (self-taught)


This time late April, I drove from Bellingham with enough time to ride from Mt Shasta up to Castle Lake. After 11 hours in the car, it actually felt good to get on the bike and ride up!

Had enough daylight to do only one of the climbs so chose the one on the right up to Castle Lake.

At the top of the climb reaching Castle Lake. Thought I had left snow behind...

Saw these two women meditating on my ride up. I asked them if I could snap a photo. One of them excitedly gave me their camera as well. Pretty awesome place and energy with Mt Shasta in the background!

1 comment:

Ruud van Dijk said...

Hi Marg, I'm watching the Tour coming through Briancon, and think back to Haute Route Alps, 2013. Hope all is well with you! Ruud