So far, all has been good with jumping into this event at the last minute. Accommodations were a breeze to book... plane ticket was cheaper... no crowds travelling. Racing solo is the best option for me as I can go my pace and have no commitment teammate-wise (as I'm pretty good at racing until I drop!). If I really need to I can chill out and take the extra recovery necessary, especially this being my intro race back from a super long rebuild/recover time. And I will!
The weather looks to be on the colder side (4-10C) with possible rain. Brrr... though should be ok for a Cdn. I might even pack an extra few bits of clothing in a pack.
Andrea and her family are going to drive me over to the race start Sat, after some early season glacier downhill skiing in the morning. Only in Austria!
- Stage 1: 14.09.08 2434m 122km Neukirchen
- Stage 2: 15.09.08 2539m 132km Lienz
- Stage 3: 16.09.08 2445m 115km Hermagor
- Stage 4: 17.09.08 3664m 142km St. Michael im Lungau
- Stage 5: 18.09.08 1432m 81km Ramsau am Dachstein
- Stage 6: 19.09.08 1362m 77km Murau
- Stage 7: 20.09.08 1598m 96km Velden am Wörthersee
total: 15,474 hm 764 km