Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Local Cross-country Running Fun Times!

Yeah, I'll finish the Haute Route race blog... soon...
Tonight, was the 1st cross-country running race of the fall season - a record 300 runners showed up! I've been running these races since I was 16 years old when it was free with a numbered popsicle stick given at the finish. Now it is time-chipped and $5 a race.

The Frank McNamara Series brings out the new young runners and the old ones from the woodwork. It's a great reunion of running friends and faces. Pretty cool to see my Swiss friend Bettina's niece Theres run wickedly fast while pushing her baby in the baby jogger!

I haven't run since a mountain bike duathlon I went into spontaneously one Saturday late July. I took it out easy, and loved it when we hit the hills.

Every week, it's a new venue. Check it out...

No comments: